We use three rules in our karate class so that our expectations are clear and simple for students to understand.
Self Discipline: Doing the things you know you should do, when you’re supposed to, without being told.
- Speak positively for an entire day, even if it hasn’t been a particularly good day.
- Rmember to complete homework or practice for school and other activities without reminders.
- Complete chores or other tasks without getting distracted.
Respect: Treating others the way you want to be treated.
- Take time to say “thank you” to someone for help or support.
- Treat classmates, coworkers, or siblings politely and positively, take the time to
listen to them.
- Have a conversation with someone you wouldn’t normally talk to.
Self Control: Controlling your behavior to fit the situation you are in.
- Take responsibility for a mistake and say “I’m sorry”
- When you get upset, take three breaths and count to 5 before you choose how to react.
- Wait for someone to finish talking instead of interrupting them.